McDermott Senior Accountant in Houston, Texas
Title: Senior Accountant
1) Prepares, analyzes and reviews account reconciliations, variance analysis and fluctuation analysis
2) Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
3) Prepares and records entries including inter-company transactions and accruals.
4) Responsible for ensuring that intercompany accounts are reconciled.
5) Assist with forecast and budgets as needed
6) Responsible for leading and managing the annual SOX process for corporate function
7) Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; verifies documents for completeness and compliance with applicable regulations.
8) Assist team in ad hoc projects as necessary.
9) Works closely with external auditors on year-end financial audits and internal control audits.
1) 8 years of accounting-related experience
2)Proficiency with Hyperion products preferred and SOX.
3) Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Job Field: Finance & Accounting
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: May 14, 2019, 10:21:59 AM
Requisition ID: 1905417
McDermott is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.